Beginning April 23, 2009, students can pre-register with greater ease and faster results!
To pre-register, students must meet the
following statutory requirements(RF-10-108)
1450 hours of cosmetology training
500 hours of aesthetics training
500 hours of nail tech training
500 hours of cosmetology instructor training
400 hours of aesthetic instructor training
250 hours of nail tech instructor training
What do my students have to do in order to take their state board examinations?
Effective May 14, 2012, some minor changes to the Arizona Online Registration process will go into place.
- Go to www.pcshq.com
- Click CANDIDATES
- Click COSMETOLOGY & BARBERING
- Click ARIZONA
- Click APPLICATION PROCESS
- Click APPLY ONLINE
After completing steps 1-6 above, individuals will be prompted to create a username & password with PCS to create application, check status, etc.
Creating Username & Password
- After clicking APPLY ONLINE, follow prompts to create an account: In order to apply online, please create an account. CLICK HERE to start.
- Enter unique e-mail address (individuals can not use school e-mail addresses), first & last name, date of birth and social security number, etc.; click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- An e-mail will automatically be sent to e-mail account provided; please follow the link to complete registration.
- Once steps 1-4 of Creating Username & Password are complete, please repeat step 1-6 under Individual Registration.
Once an account has been created, the candidate may access their account to view account information, reprint Admission Notices, ATT Letters, Score Notices, or reschedule examinations. To access an account, please use steps 1-6 under Individual Registration.
Schools must submit student hours to the Arizona Board of Cosmetology
a) School sends all required hours for each student to board of cosmetology
b) Board of Cosmetology office approves student hours and PCS in instantly notified
*Once a student pre-registers (and is approved by the board), he/she must be prepared to take the next available
PCS Account Benefits
- Check Status 24/7 - this includes viewing assigned test dates if approved by Board Office.
- In Addition to ATT Letter, an Official Admission Notice for Practical will be e-mailed (10 business days prior to exam date)
- All Scores Notices will be e-mailed (10 business days after exam date)
- Reprint Admission Letters, ATT Letters, Score Notices
Once my students are approved, what happens next?
When steps 1 and 2 have been completed, PCS will notify the student via email. The student will be required to take and pass the following examinations:
a. Theory Examination - An ATT letter (Authorization To Test) will
be automatically sent
via email address provided to PCS during pre-registration. Further instructions will be
included in this email. If the student does not receive an ATT email within 2 business
days of the approval it is the student's responsibility to contact PCS at 1-888-822-3272.
b. Practical Examination - Practical examination information will
be automatically sent via
via email to the email address provided to PCS during pre-registration. This email will
include the student's information pertaining to the practical examination within 2
business days of the approval, it is the student's responsibility to contact PCS at
Note: Admission notices will no
longer be mailed to the candidate. PCS will provide an admission notice upon
arrival at the
examination site. Students must bring a 2x2 passport photo and a government issued photo ID to the examination
*Rescheduling is not permitted for the practical examination unless you are hospitalized or are involved in a traffic accident
on the way to the test center that prevents you from arriving on time. Refunds are not issued nor are fees transferable for
either the theory or practical examinations. Documentation of the above-noted exceptions is required
Examination Application Form